We are looking for new volunteers to work with us
Would you like to gain experience in any of the following?
- Working with your local community
- Working with artists
- Helping organise and deliver creative events
- Working with young people
- Being an advocate for In-situ
We have opportunities to volunteer on
Pendle Social Cinema
A volunteer-led monthly pop-up community cinema and annual film festival
Become trained in hosting Talkaoke conversations in your community
Pendle Mobile Hut
Represent our Gatherings programme in Pendle Mobile Hut around Pendle
Working with young people on our regular creative and music sessions
And at occasional one-off events
Work as a steward, setting up, on the registration desk, refreshments, surveys and talking to our visitors.
We will offer you
- A safe working environment
- Support with travel and expenses
- Ways to develop confidence and skills
- A friendly and supportive team to work with
- Information and training needed to do the job
- Opportunities with our partners in East Lancashire
We are looking for new volunteers who are
- Enthusiastic about learning
- Looking to develop new skills
- Looking to develop skills and confidence
- Interested in the arts and would like to get involved
The time commitment
- This is up to you!
- Some of our events are regular weekly or monthly, others are ad hoc.
- We will aim to contact you a week before an event by email or phone
- Let us know if you’re available and would like to join us.
How to apply
Email [email protected] or drop into The Garage on a weekday.
What will happen next
- Either you will be emailed an application form
- Or you can arrange to meet with Zoya ay The Garage to talk it through
- Your name will be added to In-Situ’s volunteer database
- You will be contacted when there is the next opportunity
- If at any point you wish to stop volunteering let us know
- Depending on the kind of work you are interested in, you may need a DBS check which we will arrange. This is free of charge.
We are working with CVS for up to date advice on training, supporting and safeguarding our volunteers